There is no need to buy art supplies when you can just as easily make your own using items you already have at home. Homemade art supplies will save you money, and the bonus is you know exactly what’s in them.
3. Homemade glitter glue from Paging Fun Mums
Who knew it was possible to make your own glitter glue? This recipe makes 6 cups; enough to have a lot of fun with.
2. Homemade kids paint from Happy Money Saver
It doesn’t get any easier to make your own paint than this recipe. All you need is 3 ingredients to get started.
3. Homemade water colour paints from All Parenting
Store bought water colour paints always say they are non toxic, but you never really know what’s in them. Make your own instead and you will always know exactly what’s on the ingredients list.
4. DIY chalk from Babble Dabble Do
It’s incredibly easy t make your own chalk, it’s basically plaster mixed with water and paint. Easy!
5. Natural homemade glue from Sustainable Echo
This glue is really easy to make, works just as good as shop bought glue, and will keep for a while in the fridge.
6. Homemade glitter from Growing a jeweled rose
Making your own glitter is so much cheaper than buying it from the store. All you need is some salt and food colouring.
7. Homemade chalk paint from Nurture Store
You only need 2 ingredients to make this chalk paint, and once it dries you can easily brush it away with your fingers or a cloth.
8. 3 Ingredient DIY foam paint from Dabbles and Babbles
Mix together some shaving cream glue and food colouring and you have foam paint.
9. Make your own kinetic sand by Gimme Freebies
Make your own kinetic sand for a fraction of the cost of the store bought version. There is even instructions for coloured kinetic sand.
10. Seriously easy homemade face paint from Popsugar
Rather than buy expensive face paint you can easily make your own. You can create an entire set using different colours, and even add a little shimmer for glitter face paint.