My grandmother use to make these scones for us when we were little, I was always amazed watching her open a can of lemonade and pour into the scone mixture. She use to whip these up when visitors dropped in and they would be hot on the table within 15-20 minutes including cooking time.
I love making these scones now with my little ones and talking about my lovely Gran, making something delicious and creating memories at the same time, bliss!
Cook time: 12 minutes Ingredients:
- 3 Cups Self raising Flour
- 1 Cup thickened cream we use
- 1 Cup Lemonade
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a metal knife, you can use a spoon I find a metal knife works well and doesn't over mix the scones. < this is optional.
- Make sure ingredients are well combined and place dough onto a lightly floured piece of baking paper.
- Roll out the mixture and cut with a scone cutter, if you don't have a scone cutter the top of a round glass works well.
- Place scones onto a lined baking tray and into the oven for 12 minutes, until they have raised and are slightly golden in colour.
- Once cooked cool on a wire wrack.
- Serve with Jam and cream yum!
- You can also eat warm with butter and your favourite spread.
Serves 12 Tip: For a refined sugar free version use a sugar free lemonade.