This is a great recipe if you need to hide a few veggies from the kids. We make these and also freeze them for easy meals, hubby also takes them to work as they are great eaten cold as well.
· 1 kilo beef mince
· 1 cup mashed sweet potato, you can use normal potato or pumpkin if you like instead.
· 1 onion diced fine
· 1 clove garlic add more if you like
· 1 carrot grated
· 1/2 cup corn kernels
· 1/2 cup peas
· 1/2 crated zucchini
· 2 cup bread crumbs
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper
· 1/2 cup tomato sauce, can use tin tomato's if you prefer.
· Olive oil to cook in.
1. Add all ingredients except olive oil and 1 cup of bread crumbs into a large bowl and combine well.
2. Roll into approx 2 inch size balls.
3. Place the other cup of bread crumbs on a plate and roll the balls lightly in the crumbs, you don't need a lot just enough for a light coat.
4. Heat a frying pan on high and add olive oil.
5. Place balls into the pan and lightly press so they form a Pattie shape, cook on high for 2 minutes and then once flipped over reduce heat to medium and let cook for a further 5 mins.
6. The patties will be cooked once the outsides are golden and the middle is still juicy but no longer pink.
7. You can also brown them either side and then pop on a tray into the oven on 180 degrees for 6 minutes, if you have guests coming and want to prep ahead.
Makes approx 15