All I can say is this slice is over the top delicious, this is one of them slices that you break your diet for haha.
This slice is a mix of sweet fruit with crunchy crumble with an almost custard like filling, great on its own or as a side with vanilla bean ice cream. < salivating here! It is a pretty straightÂ forward slice and any fruit can be used for the filling, I have used berries before and was delicious!
- 250 grams Tin apples
- 1 cup mango pieces diced small
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed caster sugar
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups butter, melted
- 395 grams condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Line a 25 cm tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 170.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, oats, and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add melted butter and stir well.
- Pop 3/4 of the mixture onto the tray and press firm so the base is even to the edges, pop in oven for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time place the sour cream and condensed milk into a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the apples and mango together and set aside.
- Pour the condensed milk over the base once cooked so it spreads evenly.
- Add the mango and apple mixture to the top of the condensed milk and spread evenly.
- Crumble the remaining base mixture ofer the top of the mango and apple until it is mainly covered.
- Pop into he over for a further 20-25 minutes until it starts to golden in colour and the creamÂ centre starts to firm.
- Let cool in tray before slicing so it firms up more.
- Pop in the fridge.
- Slice and enjoy!