Who doesn't love Haloumi and what better way to eat it then in a Pattie. I make these for my husband to take to work, I make a batch and freeze them in bags of three and he grabs a bag out as he needs them. They are really delicious and you can also hide extra veggies in them.
- 200 grams of Haloumi grated
- 500 grams of chicken mince
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs ( use gluten free crumbs if wanting gluten free)
- Olive oil to cook with.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Roll into approx 1 1/2 inch balls and pop on a tray or plate. If you are not going to be cooking them straight away pop them in the fridge .
- Heat oil in frying pan until hot and balls, press down gently on each ball to make a Pattie.
- Cook on high for approx 2 minutes and then turn over continue to cook on high for another 2 minutes and then reduce heat so that they cook through without burning. The patties may stick slightly due to the cheese just gently lift them and turn over.
- Once cooked place on paper towel on a plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve with your favourite side or eat on their own yum!