I love corn bread slightly toasted with avocado, bacon and sour cream on it, it is so good. This is my go to corn bread recipe, the whole family will love it, I also make muffins with this recipe as well.
- Onion 1
- Garlic clove crushed 1
- Bacon rashes fat trimmed 4
- Zucchini grated 1
- Corn kernels 1 cup
- tasty cheese grated 1/2 cup
- Self raising flour 1/3 cup
- Eggs 5
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Line a 10cm x 21cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat and cook bacon pieces and onion until starts to brown.
- Transfer to bowl and add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and bake for approx 50 - 55 minutes until top is golden colour.
- Slice and pop into lunch box, perfect with some cherry tomato's and cucumber.