Who doesn’t love a pie? I made this by accident one day when in the mood for some pie (pretty much I wake up in this mood most mornings) I was scrounging around the pantry and kind of threw it together and it was AMAZING. Try it, and then you will make it again and again and again I promise! This also freezes really well, so double the ingredients and make two.
- 500g of chicken thighs (diced)
- 200g bacon (diced)
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 sliced onion,
- 2-3 tablespoons of chicken gravox.
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage
- 1 can if cream corn
- Brown onion and bacon
- Add chicken and cook until brown
- Add can of creamed corn
- Add diced sweet potato
- Add sage tablespoons of gravox
- Stir until combined
- Cook on low heat for 1 hour with the lid on
- Once mixture has cooled
- Spoon mixture into a pie dish and cover with one sheet of puff pastry
- Brush with some beaten egg and cook on 180 for 25 minutes.
Makes 2 pies