This slice is a healthier take on the regular apple crumble, it is still really sweet and is a combination of soft and crunchy textures. I sometimes make this as a breakfast option as well, after all it is basically fruit and cereal and the kids love it. Super easy to make, what is not to love!
• 1 large tin 400 grams Apple
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 Weet - Bix crushed
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 2 tablespoons sultanas
• 2 tablespoons Coconut sugar
• 3 tablespoons soft butter not melted.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the apple and cinnamon into a bowl and mix well.
3. Pop the apple mixture into a round tin or tray and set aside.
4. Place the crushed Weet - Bix, oats, sultanas and coconut sugar into another bowl and combine well.
5. Add the Butter and mix through well you can use your fingers, it should resemble thick clumps.
6. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the apple, covering the top.
7. Pop in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until the top has turned golden.
8. Serve warm with custard or let cool and eat as a slice.
Tip: You can use apricots or peaches instead of apple, you can also substitute the coconut sugar for rice malt syrup if you like.
I have also made this with a layer of custard between the apple and topping before and it is delicious!