Lets face it kids can sniff out the smallest veggie before it hits the kitchen table < super powers! This Hidden Veggie Mac And Cheese can make the fussiest of eaters consume veggies without even knowing it.
The best part is that it has 5 veggies in it and is kid approved, the whole family loves it when I make it and you can adapt it with what ever veggies you have in the fridge, just remember to blitz them well so no one sees ha!
1 Packet of macaroni -
2 cups mashed pumpkin -
1 cup mashed sweet potato -
1 carrot -
1/2 zucchini -
1 litre of milk -
60 grams of butter -
1 onion -
250 grams of cheddar cheese -
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Add butter and onion to a large saucepan.
3. Cook on high until onions are transparent and cooked through.
4. Blitz all veggies in a food processor until smooth.
5. Add milk and macaroni and stir until it boils.
6. Add the pumpkin, sweet potato, zuchini and carrot and stir through.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until pasta is cooked through.
8. Add 200 grams of the cheese and stir through until it's melted
9. Pop the Mac and Cheese into a oven proof dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
10. Place in the oven for 8 minutes until the top forms a golden crust. (skip this step if you don't like a crunchy top)
11. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Use Spaghetti and you have a vegetarian pasta dish!