These Hidden Veggie Balls are almost like big nuggets, kids love them and you can be creative and hide whatever veggies you like in them. I have also added both chicken and tuna in them in the past yum!
- 1/2 grated zucchini
- 1 Cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 Grated carrot
- 1/2 Diced onion
- 1 Cup uncooked cauliflower blitzed to a fine crumb.
- 1 Clove Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 Cups of blitzed Weet - Bix
- 1 cup Plain flour, Gluten free
- 2 Eggs
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- Butter or olive oil to cook
- Add all veggies to a bowl and mix well along with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl add he parmesan and Weet - Bix crumbs and set aside.
- In another bowl add the flour and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Roll veggies into 2 inch balls, roll in flour then dip in egg and then roll in parmesan mix.
- Repeat until all mixture is used up.
- Add oil to frying pan and heat on high.
- Pop the balls in the frying pan and turn as they cook, you want a really golden crispy outside.
- Pop on paper towel on a plate to drain any excess oil.
- For extra thick crunchy coat, repeat the coating twice.
Makes approx 10 large or 20 small balls.