After the birth of my first child a good friend bought a meal over to our house and it was this delicious Beef Stroganoff pasta. The flavours are delicious and I thought for sure it would be some technical recipe, my friend assured me it is was very easy to make. Since then I make this regularly, I also make double batches and freeze half for another time, I have used it in tarcos, tortillas with rice and in a Sheppard's pie. It is a really versatile recipe and great for us mums!
- 500 grams Beef mince
- 2 onions peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 cups mushrooms diced fine ( I dice mine small so the kids dont see them)
- 2 cups Beef stock
- 300 mils sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar optional
- 1 packet of your favourite pasta we used Parppadelle
- Heat oil in frying pan and add the mince.
- Once mince is brown add the onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir through.
- Once the onion has softened a little add the tomato paste and beef stock and let simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Boil your pasta while mince is simmering and drain.
- Turn off heat add in sour cream to mince and mix through.
- Stir through pasta and serve with parley or your favourite hers and parmesan.
- Can be frozen up to 8 weeks.