If you are anything like me, once the kids are in bed and I am settling in for some me time in front of the TV, I start to crave something sweet and this chocolate Mug Cake does the trick. I love this dessert as I don't have to make a whole cake and eat a whole cake and its ready in 3 minutes < genius!
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 Squares of Cooking milk chocolate
- Dash of coconut oil < optional
- Add dry ingredients to a large mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes on high, check your cake you may need another minute depending on your microwave, be careful not to overcook it or you will have a dry cake.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, this is normal.
- While the cake is cooking, work on your icing, add the chocolate into a microwavable bowl with a dash of oil, microwave on high for 20 - 35 seconds.
- Once cake is cooked pour chocolate over the top.
- You can flip the cake out into a bowl and eat with ice cream or cream or eat straight out of the mug.
Tip: Add a drop of peppermint oil or orange essence to change up the flavour :)
You can also use bottled caramel sauce for a quick alterntative!