Do you ever have those days where it is impossible to get your kids to eat breakfast? They stare off into the abyss looking anywhere but at their food they are meant to be eating, while you run around frantically trying to organise everyone, secretly wishing you had time to sit down and eat breakfast yourself < please tell me I am not the only one haha
These times are where these refined sugar free banana and coconut muffins come in handy. They double as a quick breakfast, a lunch box snack and perfect for morning and afternoon tea. They are low in sugar and filling due to the chia seeds, give them a go you will be pleasantly surprised!
- 3 Ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Self raising flour
- 1/2 Coconut flour
- 1/4 Chia Seed
- 6 Dates
- 1/2 Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced 180degrees not fan forced.
- Pop cupcake cases into a muffin tray ready.
- Pop all ingredients except chia seeds and flour into a Thermomix, blender or food processor and blend well.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add flours and chia seeds. Mix well.
- Let stand for 10 minutes as the mixture will thicken slightly and then scoop into muffin cases approx 1 heaped tablespoon per case.
- Pop in oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Eat warm, or freeze for up to 5 weeks for lunch box and breakfasts