My husband has been asking for ribs for ages and to be honest it's not something that I normally cook that often. The local butcher had lamb ribs on special so I thought I would give them a go. I love mint and lamb together so I put together a very simple marinade and it turned out fantastic, that good that I will definitely be making them more often now.
· 1 kilo Lamb ribs
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 cup mint sauce
· 2 cloves of crushed garlic
· Good pinch of salt and pepper
· Handful fresh mint
1. Place the ribs, mint sauce, garlic and olive oil in a container and mix well. I put the lid on and give it a light shake around so that the ribs get coated really well. You can use a basting brush to touch up any ribs that need extra marinade on them.
2. Put container in the fridge for 4 hours or better off over night.
3. Preheat oven to 210 degrees.
4. Line a large tray with baking paper and place the ribs with fatty side down.
5. pop in the over for 60 minutes until really brown and a lot of the fat has rendered off, if you don't have a fan forced oven they made need extra 10 minutes.
6. Place the ribs on a tray and garnish with fresh mint.
7. These are great with a side salad and yogurt dipping sauce yum!
Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE
Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a main on their own.