The texture of this caramel cake is amazing, so moist and not to mention the hit of caramel that you taste with each bite, this is definitely a winner in our house!
- Eggs 2
- Butter 125 grams
- White Sugar 1 cup
- Self raising flour 1/2 Cup
- Plain flour 1 Cup
- Ground Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon
- Golden syrup 1 tablespoon
- Tin of caramel or your favourite caramel source for icing
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a 20cem round tin with baking paper
- Beat butter, sugar vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs and keep beating.
- Add in syrup and keep mixing.
- Add in flours, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add milk and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to baking time and spread out evenly.
- Pop in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once cooked, let cool slightly then turn out to cool on a wire rack.
- Make sure cake is completely cooled before icing.